[Kmymoney] KMM - still other questions ...

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Oct 3 14:01:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Friday 03 October 2014 15:26:05 pjp13 at free.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To improve my knowledge of KMM (windows version), I still have questions for
> which I cannot find answers in the manual or on the web.
>
> First, thanks to the help from Koos and Thomas, I now have a better
> understanding of regular expressions, and this led me to better locate
> where my online quotation update problem lies. I realized that KMM
> downloads a csv file from the financial website an then uses regex to
> extract code, quotation and date from this csv file. The trouble is that in
> some instances the csv file doesn't contain the correct values of quotation
> and date. Therefore I suspect that the problem comes from the URL used
> (http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=%1&f=sl1d1 in the case of Yahoo
> for instance). This finally brings me to my question : where could I find
> informations on how to build/adapt such URLs ? I understand that %1 is used
> to pass the equitie code but that's about all, I am puzzled by the
> "&f=sl1d1" for instance.

The %1 is about the only special part introduced by KMyMoney at this point. As
you already mention, it is the code for the security. Another one would be %2
which is used to retrieve currency exchange information where %1 is a
placeholder for the code of the 'from currency' and %2 the counterpart for the
code of the 'to currency'.

The "&f=sl1d1" is something that controls the output of the Yahoo page.
Details are unknown and the part is usually obtained by trial and error.