[Kmymoney] QIF investment file sign convention

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 13:13:25 UTC 2014

Hi Timothy

On 30/11/14 12:18, timothy wrote:
> Hi
>
> Could you please give me the sign convention for QIF investment format
> expected by Kymoney. ie Should the QIF file show positive or negative
> numbers.

In general, the sign is taken care of in the activity type.  That
is,both a Buy and a Sell expect no sign.  Similarly, a Div and a Fee
will be expected to be  with no sign.

> Specifically in the DIVX file for the Amount (T) and the Fees (O).
>
> Things seem to have changed since I last imported a Dividend?

Well, that might depend on when you last imported a Dividend!  The
general case has not changed.  However, there may well have been some
minor changes, to cater for certain activity types previously not
expecting say, a fee, but which some users wished otherwise.

If that doesn't help, the best thing might be to give us an example
which is not doing what you expect/expected.

Allan