[Kmymoney] Kmymoney on KF5

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat Jul 19 08:49:40 UTC 2014

Hi Timothy,

On 19 Jul 2014, at 10:38 , timothy <timboyle at afrihost.co.za> wrote:
> Could someone please give some insight into the the project to port KMM
> to KDE Framework 5? Currently we are running on KDE Platform 4.

well, KDE software is continuously developing and sooner or later KDE4 will
be history, as is KDE3 by now. That’s the main driver of Cristian's initiative,
I’d say. Alvaro was the most active one when the transition to KDE4 came 4
years ago.

> What benefit will this have to the user? Will this change be mainstream
> for all or just for KDE users. What will be the effect on non-KDE users?

The benefit will be that KMyMoney will be around in post-KDE4 times. :-)

You’re not a KDE user, but a KMyMoney user… With that you’re not alone.
So, what platform are you on then? Linux/Gnome?

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: KDE and Qt are closely related to each other, perhaps one day they will be one? ;-)