[Kmymoney] Problems After Moving to New Machine

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 7 16:08:54 UTC 2014

On 2014.07.07 08:57, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> [ Debian v7; KMM v4.6.2 ]
>
> Greetings!
>
> I recently changed my home machine to Debian Wheeze/stable from
> Xubuntu.
>
> Starting KMM displays normally.
>
> However, when I tried to "Update all accounts...", I encountered
> "certificate problems".  Maybe because my institutions changed their
> certificates due to HeartBleed?
>
> First I saw some warnings regarding "invalid certificates" to which I
> responded "Continue ... for just one time".
>
> And then this error dialog appeared (multiple times):
> Sorry to be kind of vague, but things happened pretty fast and I
> didn't think I needed to make a PNG of some of the earlier
> dialogs/warnings.
>
> More than willing to provided more info if necessary ...
>
> Confident that other KMM users can help me,  ;-)
>
>   -Kenneth
> --
> Prof Kenneth H Jacker (ret)   khj at cs.appstate.edu
> Computer Science Dept         www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj
> Appalachian State Univ
> Boone, NC  28608  USA

First, 4.6.2 is a few versions old.  If you can upgrade, note that
4.6.6 has recently been released.  (The major change from 4.6.4 was
updating the versions of Quicken used in OFX transfers, as some banks
have recently stopped supporting the older versions.)

OFX errors can be a real pain, as the error messages are often not
really accurate or helpful.  However, I supsect two separate issues.
Regarding the 15500 error, it probably really is a username/password
issue.  you might try unmapping and then remapping to the online
account.  It is possible that there was a problem migrated to your new
machine/distro.  Can you confirm that you successfully updated the
accounts before your switch?

Regarding the certificates, drill down on the details.  Although it's
likely not a real problem, don't make any assumptions, since there
really are bad (if unlikely) things that could be happening.  We can
help more with more details.