[Kmymoney] investments/Securities

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Tue Jan 21 00:00:30 UTC 2014

On Monday, January 20, 2014 06:00:27 PM Jack wrote:
> On 2014.01.20 16:59, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> > Why do I have to enter new Investments on every account if they are
> > already in the Securities Tab?
> > This seems to be very inefficient.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards
> > Thomas Spuhler
>
> Thomas,
>
> I'm not sure it matters, but Which version are you using?
>
> When you add a new security to an account, and you provide the symbol
> of an already existing security, it should ask if you want to reuse the
> existing security or create a new one.  Have you just missed noticing
> that question/checkbox?  Perhaps it could be made more prominent, but
> it should be there.
>
> Jack

I am using Version 4.6.3
yes, it actually does, but there is no hint. You just have to put the trading symbol in, then hit
the tab and it is asking me if I want to use an existing sec.
But thanks for the response. This will help

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63