[Kmymoney] Report editor and MySQL

Phil Richardson ppslim+kmymoney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 12:28:45 UTC 2014

I am using the current stable version on Windows, with MySQL connectivity
to drive the data.

I created the database myself, rather than let kmymoney do this for me,
though due to bug 301104, I had to tweak one insert.

No other errors were reported by MySQL during created.

Then using my existing kmymoney4 data file, I imported this into the
database.

This file contained a single custom report marked as a favourite.

This and its XML definition could clearly be seen in the database following
the import. The report itself worked, as did any other existing stock
report.

However, when loading a stock report and customising is, the moment I
clicked OK, I received SQL errors from kmymoney. Unfortunately I did not
record them.

The database showed it had defined the XML report entry and side-by-side
checks of these entries to the customer imported entry showed no errors
with it. Yet, these custom reports would not display in the report
interface.

I manually deleted the entries in the database and after this, have not had
a single problem.

For operational reasons, I am absolutely not in a possible to create a
secondary DB and start testing this from start to end. But has anybody seen
anything similar?

On top of this, are there any columns/rows in any other tables that store
data about reports, such as the latest primary key ID? Thinking along the
lines of the key/value pair table.

I am wondering if the import is not updating one final peice.