[Kmymoney] Reinvesting Dividends

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:25:55 UTC 2014

On 15/01/14 09:15, Jane Hadley wrote:
> Thanks, Joe. But I can't figure how to set the fraction field for each
> investment.
>
> When I go to "Investments" and then click on the "Securities" tab, I see a
> list of my securities. And I see the "fraction" field, which currently is
> set to 100 for all the securities. But I can't see how to edit that field
> so that I can change the 100 to 1000. Could you tell me how to do that?
>
> Jane

Hi Jane

When you create a new security, you are presented with a Wizard, which
allows you to set your choices.  You must have skipped over them, or not
fully understood their relevance at that time.

When you now open the Securities tab, you see a list of your securities.
  If you select the one you wish to edit, to the top right, the Edit
button is now enabled.  If you click that, the wizard will reopen.  On
the second page, you'll see the fraction setting that you need.  On the
same page, at the bottom, you'll see Price Entry, and if you click on
the selector, you'll see three entries, the first of which is Total for
all shares.  If you select that, then finish off with the wizard, when
you are entering/editing a transaction, in the Price column, you now
enter the total amount, and the Price per share will be calculated for you.

This should be covered in the Help/KMyMoney Handbook, but if you can't
find it, let us know so it can be fixed.

Oh, just a PS.  I found that editing from the Securities screen may not
allow changing the Price entry choice.  If so, instead of using the
Securities tab, click on Equities, then select your account.  If you now
double click your security,you'll get the wizard again, but here you
should be able to make the required choice,

Again, let us know if you have any problem.

Allan