[Kmymoney] location for FID and url

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 8 18:08:01 UTC 2014

On 2014.01.08 12:24, Allan wrote:
> On 08/01/14 17:12, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:

>> Were able to log into Fidelity Investments
Do you mean the web site, or using OFX?

>> But for the following accounts we get the error message:  Access to
>> restricted port in POST denied.
At what stage in the process?  Did you successfully retrieve the list
of accounts for that login?

>> A duckduckgo search for KMyMoney Access to restricted port in POST
>> denied did not seem to yield much of interest but in google it shows
>> up in KMM bug reports but the newest is 2011.
Search for OFX access to restricted port, not specifically for
KMyMoney.  That might find more results.

[snip...]
> In my very limited experience of using OFX, if a bank offers OFX
> service, their support(site) gives the necessary details.  Are they
> not able to?
Unfortunately, I have found that the banks themselves know almost
nothing about this type of support, which they contract from someone
else.  If they contract from Intuit, then the most common response is
"unsupported software."  At the one bank I still don't have access to,
I haven't even been able to talk to someone who understands the
difference between downloading an OFX file and OFX direct connect.