[Kmymoney] conversion mismatch in report "Budgeted vs. Actual"

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Sun Feb 2 14:15:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I am using KMM 4.6.4 /KDE 4.11.4 in openSUse 13.1

I have to handle up to five different foreign currencies with the EURO
as the base currency.
The precision is set to eight digits.

Some months earlier I already had reported wrong / incomplete conversion
to the base currency in some most common  reports. These had been fixed
in no time - thanks to the developers (I think Alvaro fixed that).

Now I am confronted with a similar mistake:

I set up an Annual Budget and then opened  the Budgeted vs. Actual Year
Report.
KMM knows the exchange rate to be 1€ to 16674IDR.
In the Budget vs. Actual Report all currencies are to be converted to
EURO, my base currency.

With the Budget Option "Include subaccounts" *NOT* activated my report
"Budget vs. Actual" shows:
*ACCOUNT            ACTUAL            BUDGET    DIFFERENCE**
**Kontenzinsen      0,00                 2,83            -2,83**
**Sub-account 1      1,89                 0,00            1,89
Total                     1,89                 2,83 -0,94 **
***Now, these figures are correct.

With the Budget Option "Include subaccounts" activated the report
"Budget vs. Actual" shows:
*ACCOUNT            ACTUAL            BUDGET    DIFFERENCE**
**Kontenzinsen     31490,00          2,83          31487,17
*Obviously these figures are wrong.*

*Then, from my point of view KMM calculates as follows:
1,89€ (actual) x 16674 = 31490IDR and made this the Actual Total
Then 31490IDR - 2,83€ (budgeted) = 31487,17IDR and made this the
Difference!!!*
*(1,89 reads precisely 1,88856903)

Could somebody please look into this and make a great program even greater?

Thanks and Cheers!
Michael Berger, Dipl. Ing.
Im Borngrund 7a
D-35606 Solms