[Kmymoney] Merging Two Files

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:03:48 UTC 2014

On 27/08/14 17:52, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I suffered some data loss and as a result, my KMyMoney file to about a year back. The drive is in data recovery. They may or may not get the data back.
>
> In the meanwhile, if I work on a new file or add new data to the now rather old file, will there be a way to relatively easily import the missing data?

Oh dear!

My first thought would be to avoid adding to your 'now rather old file'
as I think that would make for a more complex merge. If you start a new
file, I don't know if you would need day to day access to the old data,
or whether you could treat it as an archive, and just use its closing
balances to add as opening balances in the new file.

Good luck

Allan