[Kmymoney] Call for Windows package testers

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:57:31 UTC 2014

>> Hi Cristian
>
> Hi,
>

>> As I'm still afflicted with Windows XP, and not expecting that to change, it
>> looks then that I will be unable to do any testing on Windows.  I wouldn't
>> be expecting to test all features, anyway, just the CSV plugin.
>>
>> Was this version restriction in force also for the previous releases?
>
> The previous release worked on Windows XP but it was compiled using
> MSVC 2010. MSVC 2013 can target Windows XP platforms but I think that
> needs to be specially setup and since Microsoft no longer offers
> support for XP I don't know why should we do that.

There must be hoards of people still on XP and many, perhaps,
contemplating a move to Linux, but wanting to evaluate KMM before
deciding what to do.

That to me seems a pretty good reason.

> And since creating
> this installer took a while (see this [1]) I'm not going to redo the
> process with MSVC 2010. Supporting multiple compilers is a PITA and
> MSVC 2013 is needed for frameworks since it's the only MS compiler
> having the necessary C++11 support.
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

Yes, I can certainly understand that.

Do you see any prospect of the KDE Windows group updating the KMM version?

Allan