[Kmymoney] Compiling from source

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:46:55 UTC 2014

On 19/04/14 10:39, timothy wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-04-19 at 11:25 +0200, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>> Hi Timothy,
>>
>> On Saturday 19 April 2014 10:23:47 timothy wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Hi and Happy Easter
>>>
>>> I have managed to hack my way through the dependencies up to this point.
>>>
>>> timothy at tim:~/Downloads/kmymoney/build$ cmake ..
>>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/bin
>>> -- Found Qt-Version 4.8.4 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
>>> -- Found X11: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so
>>> -- Found KDE 4.11 include dir: /usr/include
>>> -- Found KDE 4.11 library dir: /usr/lib
>>> -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler
>>> preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
>>> -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
>>> -- Boost version: 1.53.0
>>> -- Found the following Boost libraries:
>>> --   graph
>>> -- Found gpgme-config at /usr/bin/gpgme-config
>>> -- Found gpgme v1.4.2, checking for flavours...
>>> --  Found flavour 'vanilla', checking whether it's usable...yes
>>> --  Found flavour 'pthread', checking whether it's usable...yes
>>> -- Found Libical version 1.0
>>> -- Looking for RPMTools... - rpmbuild NOT FOUND
>>>
>>> -------- KMyMoney 4.6.90-ab35b0b0c1 --------
>>>
>>> Configure results (user options):
>>> OFX plugin:                              no
>>>
>>> KBanking plugin:                         no
>>>
>>> iCalendar export plugin:                 yes
>>>

>>> Configure results (developer options):
>>> Qt-Designer library support:             no
>>>
>>> Generate developer documentation:        no
>>>
>>> Build unit tests:                        no
>>>
>>> Generate API documentation with Doxygen: yes
>>>
>>> Generate HTML documentation:             no
>>>
>>> Build type: RelWithDebInfo
>>>
>>> Good - your configure finished.
>>> Now type 'make' to build KMyMoney. For more help, consult README.cmake
>>>
>>> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
>>> are set to NOTFOUND.
>>> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
>>> CMake files:
>>> LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
>>>
>>> ===================================================================
>>>
>>> Could you please help me with the following-
>>>
>>> 1) Surely I need OFX plugin and possibly KBanking plugin. How do I get
>>> those user options to 'yes'?
>>
>> If you need OFX, you should start with the OFX plugin and leave KBanking
>> aside. KBanking and its underlying library AqBanking also support OFX, but
>> that is simply an alternative.
>>
>>> 2) Do I need to bother about all the no's in the developer options?
>>
>> No.
>>
>>> 3) What should  LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR be set to and how do I do that?
>>
>> You will have to install libalkimia first. See
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Requirements for more requirements.
>> In case your distro does not have libalkimia  packaged, you can build it from
>> source just like KMyMoney.
>>
>> http://community.kde.org/Alkimia/Development_Environment contains some
>> information about the build process, but they still refer to the svn repo
> [...]

I'll come in in case Thomas is otherwise engaged, and as you're so
close, if you have a need for OFX support, you'll need to install the
OFX'-dev/devel' package from your distro - I'm pretty sure it will be there.

Then remove the CMakeCache.txt file and re-run 'cmake ..' as per Thomas
above.  Once OFX is discovered, the plugin will be produced.

Allan