[Kmymoney] OFX import not using default brokerage account for 'Dividend'

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:36:38 UTC 2014

On 15/04/14 00:09, Bob Ewart wrote:
> The attached files show the problem.
>
> Thanks for looking at this
>
> On 04/14/2014 05:32 PM, Allan wrote:
>> On 14/04/14 21:00, Bob Ewart wrote:
>>> I have a similar problem to Timothy when importing dividends from
>>> Merrill Lynch via ofx.
>>>
>>> I'm using Kmymoney 4.6.4 and have two accounts "Merrill-Lynch" and
>>> "Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage)" among others.
>>>
>>> When I import the .ofx file, the cash (from other than dividends) goes
>>> into Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage) as expected.  The dividends all show up
>>> in Merrill-Lynch flagged with $0.00 value and no account showing below.
>>>
>>> Click on one to edit it and the account shows up as Merrill-Lynch
>>> (Brokerage) with a value showing, but the  Enter button is grayed out.
>>>
>>> Click on the account and start retyping it.  Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage)
>>> is selected.  Now the Enter button is active.
>>>
>>> Click on Enter and the amount then goes into the Merrill-Lynch
>>> (Brokerage) account.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> I'm pretty sure Timothy's problem, with BUT transactions, is fixed in
>> the development version.
>>
>> Are you able to send me 'off-line' a copy of your file, with your
>> private data disguised, as long as that file still shows your problem?
>>
>> Allan

That looks OK here.  It imported two dividend transactions into my
investment account and put eight entries into its (Brokerage) account,
including the dividends.

So, your problem too has been resolved in the development version.

You could try the Claydoh PPA, but you need a version later than 9 Dec 2013.

Allan