[Kmymoney] OFX import not using default brokerage account for 'Buy Shares'

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 14 16:45:04 UTC 2014

On 2014.04.14 10:55, timothy wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 14:38 +0100, Allan wrote:
> > On 14/04/14 14:28, timothy wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I am running KMM 4.6.90 on Mint 16 using KDE Development Platform
> > > 4.11.5.
> > >
> > > I have imported an OFX 'Buy Share' transaction which gives an
> error
> > > condition. The error is that the Account field is blank and
> consequently
> > > there is a missing assignment of the cost of the shares.
> > >
> > > On editing this transaction, the field is automatically populated
> with
> > > the correct default brokerage account, but the Enter button is
> greyed
> > > out (only the Cancel button is alive). To complete the
> transaction one
> > > has to delete the brokerage account name and then manually enter
> the
> > > same account again. The Enter button the becomes alive and the
> > > transaction can be completed. The funds are correctly transferred
> from
> > > the brokerage account with the correct Payment entry.
> > >
> > > The OFX file does not contain a reference to transfer account and
> my
> > > understanding is that it should default to the brokerage account
> in this
> > > case.
> > >
> > > Is this a bug or is there some other way to carry out this
> transaction
> > > correctly?
> > >
> > > Your comments would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Timothy
> > >

> > It's possible that the Enter button is not enabled if the
> transaction
> > date is prior to the account's opening date.  Is the date field
> colour
> > red?  Try editing the account and check/change the opening date.
> >
> > Allan
>

> No the account opening date is back in 2005 and the transaction is
> now.
>
> Timothy

If instead of deleting and re-entering the brokerage account, will it
work if you just tab into that field and then go to another field?  Is
the name of the brokerage account as originally set up by KMM, or did
you choose an existing account to use?  I have found it only works with
the original name, which is the name of the investment account followed
by "(Brokerage)".