[Kmymoney] [Kmymoney2-user] Moving KMyMoney to another computer

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Nov 11 07:07:38 UTC 2013

Peter,

I CC the 'new' user mailing list. Maybe, you can switch to it as well, as the
kmymoney2 list is deprecated. More below.

@Jack: maybe we can add a chapter 'Moving KMyMoney to another computer' to the
docs in case we don't have it in there yet.

On Monday 11 November 2013 12:17:39 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wanting to move my Kubuntu to another computer, and have looked at the
> docs on the KMM website, but cannot find anything about files needed for a
> move/migrate.  (I was sure there was something somewhere ??).
>
> Am currently running Ubuntu 12.04 (Kubuntu desktop), and wanting to update
> to version 13.10 (saucy). The KMyMoney version is
>
> Version 4.6.1
> Using KDE Development Platform 4.8.5 (4.8.5)
>
> >From the package lists, it seems that Ubuntu 13.10 has KMM version 4.6.3-2
> >,
> and the kde-runtime package is version 4:4.11.2
>
> I did manage to find an old email in my KMM folder, and besides my *.kmy
> files, there is the configuration file as follows:
>
> $KDEHOME/share/config/kmymoneyrc
>
> Is that all I need ?  Any "gotchas" with those newer versions of KMyMoney ?

That's all you need. There shouldn't be any gotchas in upgrading from 4.6.1 to
4.6.3 (though 4.6.4 is the latest stable release we did a few weeks ago). Once
4.6.4 hits the distro repositories that shouldn't be a problem either.

Hope that helps.

morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.
logixoul: you forgot cmakekde :)
morphir: and bakemeacake