[Kmymoney] Encrypted Connection to mysql server

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat May 25 16:03:23 UTC 2013

I have been using KmyMoney for a few years on a home network
I am using mysql (now Mariadb) as the database and so far everything worked well except there is a
problem if two users are using it simultaneously. I know I shouldn't do that.

I now have a problem/new feature request.

KmyMoney doesn't provide using an encrypted communication to the mysql server ( according to the
Manual). The server has the possibility.

I this age of mobility, this feature would really be nice to have, even now on a home network where
most folks use mobile devices over WI-Fi or even a mobile data network over a cell-phone.
Please consider this request.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler