[Kmymoney] how to handle reinvestment of dividend

Gary Kirkpatrick pegngary at gmail.com
Sat May 25 13:41:41 UTC 2013

1) So I have an investment account with a linked brokerage account.  when i
made a purchase of a bond I entered that transaction in the investment
account ledger.  KMM removed the case from the brokerage account.  Nice-
 an advantage of having an attached brokerage account.  But now I get an
dividend and I entered that into the ledger of the brokerage acct-  again
fine.  But now that reinvest gets entered where?  Or somehow do I have to
enter the transaction in both accounts.

20 Second but related issue.  KMM allows you to reconcile the brokerage
account (but not the investment account).  However it is showing me short
the amount spent on the investment as the ending balance of the accounts
per the institution of includes the amount spent on the investment.   Is
there a proper way to reconcile these two account?

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

garyk

--
*The picture is a self-portrait in watercolor*
*Blogging at **http://panampg.x10.mx/wp/*

To view or purchase my art works, go to
http://fineartamerica.com/shop/gary-kirkpatrick.html