[Kmymoney] transactions not showing in ledger

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 23 14:59:38 UTC 2013

On 2013.05.23 10:52, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick
> <pegngary at gmail.com>wrote:
>> I set up a new investment account.  I mapped to an account, updated
>> it.  The program says it has download transactions (presumably from
>> 1/1/2012 when it was opened but nothing added until 2/12).  When I
>> open the ledger, there is nothing!  It is the correct legder.  The
>> associated brokerage acct also has a blank ledger.  When I opened
>> the same account as a cash account only i how transactions.
> >
> Ok, set up the account again, downloaded the transaction, this time
> there are transactions in the associated brokerage acct but none in
> the investment account.

If you open a transaction in the investment account that resulted in a
cash expense or payement, it should show which account was used for the
cash half of the transaction.  On the other hand, if you mean that pure
cash transactions are missing, that is the designed behavior, as the
investment account cannot contain cash transactions, only investment
transactions.  I have always wondered if you might map the brokerage
account to the same online account and repeat the download there.  It
might get the cash transactions, dropping the investment transactions
as inappropriate for that account.