[Kmymoney] QFX plugin

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 14 16:08:56 UTC 2013

On 2013.05.14 10:47, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Want to use KMM on Ubuntu 12.  Where do I get and how do I install
> the OFX
> plugin.  Been searching for a while without real success.

The OFX importer is generally built as part of the base system, but, as
you noticed, it is only for file import.  For OFX direct connect, which
is also generally included (as it depends on libofx) you access it
after you create the account.  With the account selected (just open it
in the ledger) select the menu Account/Map to online account (I don't
have KMM running, so I don't have the exact terms used.)  That is also
reachable from one of the tabs on the Account/Edit dialog.  That gives
you the option of looking up the institution in the built-in list, or
entering all the fields manually.

If you can give me (either direct email or through the list) a more
specific suggestion as how this could be better addressed in the
manual, I'll add it to the list of edits to be made.