[Kmymoney] Entering Retirement plans in KMM

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:37:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

   I need some help to better understand how to enter my retirement plans
into KMM for tracking and forecasting..

   I have a hard time understanding how to enter the different portfolios
which each contain multiple shares from different investments.  For
example, lets say that a certain retirement plan would have these
investments:

   * Balanced Investments (30%)
   * DiversifiedInvestments(25%)
   * Balanced Index Portfolio (10%)
   * US Equity Index (35%)

   Each of these investments has a number of holdings (shares), and an
initial purchase price/stock.  Every other week, I contribute to my plan
through employer's paycheck deductions.  My additional bi-weekly
contributions are added on top of my current holdings with the same
proportions as the initial plan purchase.  So lets say I had the
investments as indicated above, and that my additional bi-weekly
contributions were $100, then each investment would grow by:

   * Balanced Investments ($100 x 30% = $30 @ $3/share = +10 shares)
   * DiversifiedInvestments($100 x 25% = $25@ $10/share = +2.5 shares)
   * ...

Of course each investment changes (gain or lose value) according to the
market.

   I'd like KMM to model this retirement plan accurately.  As you can see,
its fairly straightforward but I am not sure KMM is ready for automatically
tracking such scenario..

   Right now I only have a scheduled transaction which transfer an amount of
money ($100) from my paycheck to the brokerage account, but that's it.

   Can KMM model this scenario?  Has anyone already done that?

   Thanks!
   Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
   Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux