[Kmymoney] Withdraving from multiple accounts

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Mar 25 17:53:43 UTC 2013

On Monday 25 March 2013 17:33:11 Mikael Kujanpaa wrote:

> I remember this is somehow possible to achieve, but for some reason my
> brains can't discover the correct way how to book single transaction with
> splits that takes money from two accounts and distributes it for multiple
> categories.
>
> For example, I have receipt where is multiple items. The payment has been
> done partly from my bank account and partly from gift card that I had. The
> gift card is just one account in my bookings.
>
> So how should I enter this kind of transaction?
>
> Category A		15,00 e
> Catebory B		17,50 e
> Category C		12,50 e
> --------------------------
> Total              45,00 e
>
> Giftcard         - 10,00 e
>
> Total Payment      35,00 e

Easy enough:

Create a transaction in the bank account ledger with an amount of 35,00. Then
start entering splits:

Category A		15,00 e
Catebory B		17,50 e
Category C		12,50 e
Giftcard              - 10,00 e

and you should be done.

Hope that helps.

'Only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)' - Linus Torvalds