[Kmymoney] Withdraving from multiple accounts

Mikael Kujanpaa mahead80 at nic.fi
Mon Mar 25 15:33:11 UTC 2013

I remember this is somehow possible to achieve, but for some reason my brains
can't discover the correct way how to book single transaction with splits that
takes money from two accounts and distributes it for multiple categories.

For example, I have receipt where is multiple items. The payment has been done
partly from my bank account and partly from gift card that I had. The gift
card is just one account in my bookings.

So how should I enter this kind of transaction?

Category A		15,00 e
Catebory B		17,50 e
Category C		12,50 e
--------------------------
Total              45,00 e

Giftcard         - 10,00 e

Total Payment      35,00 e

Currently I have booked these kind of transactions just by doing separate
transactions for each account: I do one transaction for my bank account with
amount of 35,00 e, and other for giftcard account with amount of 10,00 e. But
this doesn't work with reports, since there are of course displayed separate
transactions with amounts that doesn't directly exists. And that is, because
giftcard is only ten euros, so some transaction must be splitted for giftcard
with amount of ten euros and for other transaction with the rest of the sum.

The real life situation here is, that "Category C" is actually loan account (I
bought something for my friend that is supposed to be paid back to me). Now if
I try to examine single loan transactions through reports, it's pretty hard
since given numbers must be summed up before they make any sense against
existing receipts.

I hope you understood what I meant, since this feels a bit complex to explain.
:)

Mikki