[Kmymoney] automated parted operation

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jul 26 08:47:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 24 July 2013 11:14:10 Jack wrote:

[...]

> Question for developers:  when importing uses a split transaction as
> the model, how does the actual transaction amount get used in assigning
> the amounts to the different splits.  It seems this might be something
> that can safely be changed, or (as a wishlist) be subject to some
> configuration setting.  (I have not had one of these in a while, so I
> don't remember the details.)

AFAIR, KMM chooses the last transaction for that payee and if it is split,
then it copies the categories over and (for some reason I don't remember) does
not touch the amounts of the splits for the categories but only adjusts the
amount of the account.

I see this happen here as well for those transactions that I split into a net
and tax part. If a new one comes in, I could redo the calculation based on the
percentage, but that is not implemented. Again, this has been developed long
time ago and I don't remember the details why it not has been done. The trick
I use to get around this is to manually edit the transaction, change the
total, tab to the next field, shift+tab back and change the amount back. In
case to the VAT automatism this adjusts the amounts of the categroy splits as
I need them. This of course does not work for split transactions that are not
based on the auto tax assignment.

Hope that helps a bit.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who
understand binary arithmetic and those who don't.