[Kmymoney] corrupted kmymoney file

allan Anderson agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:58:42 UTC 2013

On 14 January 2013 23:26, Fr David Ousley <davidousley at verizon.net> wrote:

> **
> Thanks for the prompt reply!
>
> The lines at the top of the file are same as yours, except for the
> creation and revision dates.
>
> The last line of the file is a very long string of not readily
> identifiable content.  I added the <KMYMONEY-FILE> as the last line,
> recompressed, renamed .kmy, and reloaded, but got the same error.

You don't need to recompress.  KMyMoney will read the xml.

> The error message I alluded to appears under "details" when it says the
> file is unparsable:
>
> Uncaught error.  Please report the details to the developers.
> Currency "USD" not found in file
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/kmymoney-4.6.3/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyfile.cpp
> line 2,410
>
> Kmymoney then closes, though it will open with other files.
>
> I also tried your suggestion of opening a new file with a different
> currency, but that doesn't seem to alter the handling of the existing file.
>
> id numbers of the payees are all in the form you describe -- one letter
> followed by numbers
>
> I think I am now subscribed to the list, so presumably I'll see any
> suggestions from others (though your posting to the list has not appeared).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fr O.

OK.  The line number, I was assuming, was in your xml line, not the program
source.

Can you send me off-list, the last dozen or so lines of your xml file.

Also, please run 'xmllint yourxmlfilenamehere', and see what that finds.  I
see there is a --recover option, "--recover : output what was parsable on
broken XML documents" so you could try 'xmllint yourxmlfilenamehere >
~/xmloutput.xml', and see what you get in the ~/xmloutput.xml file.  Try
comparing with the original.

Allan