[Kmymoney] Automatically calculating the price

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:07:21 UTC 2013

Hi there,

For brokerage accounts, the information I get is dividend and number of
shares purchased for mutual funds. When I try to enter the entry,
KMyMoney forces me to calculate the price. While this task is easier, I
have noticed that its introducing rounding errors.

I remember from my Microsoft Money usage, it used to allow entering any
two fields and used to calculate third field based on the fields I fill.
Can KMyMoney do something similar? If it calculates the price, then I
won't have rounding errors as I can say I have X number of shares and
total is Y.

Thanks,

Niranjan