[Kmymoney] [Aqbanking-user] Creating INI letter fails (SOLVED, but questions remain)

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Feb 1 14:20:43 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2013 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi!
>
> I ordered a new giro account from the german GLS Gemeinschaftsbank.
>
> I got it with HBCI keyfile method.
>
> As instructed on
>
> http://www.gls.de/unsere-angebote/online-banking/privatkunden/gls-ebank-
> basis/hbci-signatur/
>
> I selected RDH-10 instead of the RDH-2 that AqBanking offered me as
> crypto method. I also let HBCI/FinTS 3.0 activated.
>
> Now on displaying the hash of the bank signature to me the value was not
> correct. As instructed I phoned up the bank. I went through all the above
> settings with the guy on the phone and he said they were correct. Also
> the server URL AqHBCI offered me, "hbci.gad.de", was correct
>
> On suggestion of the guy on the phone I accepted the key nonetheless.
> Then he could see that KMyMoney / AQHBCI sent the key to the bank and
> the account could now be activated.
>
> Thus it seems that regardlass of the wrong hash values being displayed by
> AQHBCI it was contacting the right server.

I think I now know what was happening here:

In the AQBanking window was "Exponent" and "Modulus" being displayed.

In the INI letter I now got "Exponent" and "Modulos" and then the hash
values (RMD-160 and SHA-256).

Thus I bet below the "Exponent" and "Modulus" on the AQBanking window
was the hashes as well. But I did not see any scroll bar and thus did not
see those.

Just for my safety: Is there any command line or GUI like way to get these
hashes so I can verify them with the letter I got from the bank.

Thanks,