[Kmymoney] Exporting a .QIF file ...

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:51:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:17:46 +0200
Michael Berger <idest at online.de> wrote:

> Did you select an account in the field "Accounts to export"?
> In the field "Contents to export" you must select either one or both
> of "Accounts" and/or "Categories".
>
> Hope that helps,
> Michael Berger
>

> On 04/17/2013 07:18 AM, Zed wrote:
> > Lost, once again!
> >
> > I've been venturing into parts of KMM other than simple accounting
> > and decided to have a shot at exporting one of my accounts as
> > a .QIF file. Unfortunatelly, I "fell at the first fence".
> >
> > When one chooses File/Export/QIF... the screen presented has a
> > choice "File to export to" and give a choice of entering a file
> > name or Browsing for one. The filter is QIF but I haven't yet got a
> > QIF file on my computer.
> >
> > I have read the KMM user guide but that just repeats what is in the
> > program itself.
> >
> > Would some kind person explain to me where I am going wrong, please?
> >
> > David

As Michael said, it is necessary to select the account you wish to
export, and also either or both of "Accounts" and/or "Categories".  So
far as file name is concerned, one doesn't need to have an existing
file.  If you choose to browse, rather than entering the path/name
directly, just enter the name you wish to give to the file, without
extension, then click save, and that path is then entered into the
wizard, and that then will enable the Export button.  If instead, you
enter the path and name directly, I notice a slight quirk, in that the
extension is added as soon as the first letter of the name is entered.
It's necessary to enter the rest of the name before the dot (of course).

Allan