[Kmymoney] Adjust column width in ledger

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Tue Apr 2 07:59:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 15:21 +0100, aga wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:12:23 +0200
> timothy <timboyle at afrihost.co.za> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am running KMM version 4.6.3 using KDE 4.8.5 on Mint 13 (Maya) Mate.
> >
> > I have just upgraded to Mint 13 from 12, but now the column width in
> > the ledger display of the investment accounts is not sufficient to
> > show all digits/characters.
> >
> > The widths are not adjustable in the display and appear to be fixed at
> > at about 7-8 characters. The Price column can adjusted via
> > Settings/Configure KMyMoney/Price Precision, but this has no effect on
> > the other columns.
> >
> > I cannot find anyway to adjust the other columns or even to reduce the
> > font size of the characters.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Regards
> > Timothy Boyle
> >

> I'm pretty sure there has been no change in this area.
>
> My understanding is that column widths cannot be resized individually -
> some are totally fixed and the rest can changed by adjusting the
> overall window size.
>
> Allan

Adjusting the window size just makes the content bigger or smaller, but
no more characters visible. My font seems quite big - do you have any
ideas for changing the font size as this might enable more visible
characters?

I sometimes wonder on the value of upgrading the system. It was working
fine, but Mint 12's support was terminating shortly and I thought
upgrading to an LTS (Mint 13) would give me a longer time of peace and
stability. However one still has to get over the initial hiccups.

Timothy