[Kmymoney] Credit card account entries...

Zed zed at zed.net.nz
Fri May 18 09:21:31 UTC 2012

Using KMyMoney v3.98.1 (KDE 4.4.5)

I have searched the archives of the mailing list  and read the User Manual
but cannot find an answer to my problem.

I am having trouble getting my head around the correct way to enter
expenditure and payments to and from the Credit card account and seek your
help.

My Credit card account is set up as a Liability account with a maximum
limit.

Am I doing things correctly?

During the month I use my Credit card.  I select the Credit Card account and
Click "Charge" and in Pay to: enter the name of the merchant from which I
purchased, and in the Category, choose the expense account to which the item
belongs.

At the end of the period, I decide to pay the balance of the credit card.
This is where I get lost.  Do I use the Credit card account or the Cheque
account to record the payment?  And when I have selected that account, what
options should I choose.

Zed

--
Zed
Dogs crawl under Gates, software crawls under Windoze.