[Kmymoney] UK online fund updates (again)

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 22:21:36 UTC 2012

On 2012.03.23 17:20, Allan wrote:
> On 23/03/12 19:17, Jack wrote:
>> On 2012.03.23 13:09, timothy wrote:
>> [snip.......]
>>> Thanks Alan. It was libfinance-quote-perl not installed.
>> Should this requirement be documented anywhere within the KMM
>> manual, or was this a dependency failure outside of KMM and it's
>> packaging?

> I think requirements need to be stressed well before the manual gets
> referred to.
>
> Looking at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Requirements,
> under 'Debian dependencies', libfinance-quote-perl is mentioned, but
> why confined to Debian seems strange.  I'm not sure that potential
> users would get pointed to this page, anyway.
>
> It doesn't mention libalkimia, either.

I think that page needs a good going over - when someone has enough
free time.

However, what about a section in the FAQ (both on-line and in the
manual) regarding online quote problems?

I know one issue with this particular requirement will be distro
specific naming, as in Gentoo, it is dev-perl/Finance-Quote (acutally
the Perl CPAN module Finance::Quote)