[Kmymoney] Check numbering

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 1 22:28:40 UTC 2012

On 2012.03.01 17:03, Pierre Graber wrote:
> Le 01. 03. 12 20:10, Jack a écrit :
> > On 2012.03.01 13:20, Pierre Graber wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I use KMM 4.6.1 under Ubuntu 12.04.
> >>
> >> When I type an operation, the numbering does not automatically
> >> complete. Yet I have enabled autocompletion in the options:
> Registry
> >> (Data).
> >>
> >> Is there another setting that's in conflict?
> >
> > Hello Pierre,
> >
> > I can't think of any possible conflict, but first, I want to be
> sure I
> > understand what you want.  Are you talking about KMM automatically
> > entering the next check number when you create a new transaction?
> The
> > option for that is "Auto increment check number" on the "Data entry"
> > tab of the "Ledger" page of the configuration dialog.  (I'm trying
> > be sure you are using the correct option, and that the different
> words
> > we are using is just because of translation.)  That is the second
> > check box on that page.
> >
> > Also, what type of account are you using?  This only works for
> > checking accounts.
> >
> > Jack
>
> Hello Jack,
>
> You're right.
> I thought indeed to the auto increment and I had activated the right
> option.
> It worked so long and I was surprised that it is no longer the case.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre

I think I'm confused.  The auto-increment of the check number should
still work.  I don't think anything has changed in that area, so if it
is not working for you, and you have the correct option checked in the
configuration page, we have to figure out what is wrong.

What exactly are you seeing?  Is there no number put in the check
number field when you create a new transaction?  Is there a number, but
it is either the same as the previously used number or some other, but
incorrect number?   Can you create a simple KMM file with just one
account that demonstrates the problem?  If so, send it to the list.  If
you can't replicate the problem in a new file, you can create an
anonymized version of your file (see [1] for instructions) but don't
send it yet - one of the developers would be better than I would at
figuring out if there is a problem in it.

Jack

[1]
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.anonymous.html