[Kmymoney] Problems importing CSV files

Magnus Larsson magnus at vista.se
Mon Jun 18 18:46:19 UTC 2012

Hi!

I am running kmymoney on Kubuntu 12.04, and I am trying to migrate from
GnuCash to KmyMoney. Now I've run into a problem:

I need to import lists of transactions, that I download as xls-files
from my bank, then edit them in gnumeric/libreoffice calc, and save as
csv. Only 3 coumns: date, description, and amount (+ and - in one
column, NOT separate debet and credit). Like this:

2012/06/04 	VA-SYD 	-512
2012/06/04 	FRIHAMNSVIADUK 	-2478,25

When importing into KmyMoney, the decimals are not identified. So 130,50
is recognized as 13050. I've tried using a decimal comma (saved the file
with commas AND set it to comma in the configuration tab of the imprt
window) and dots, same error produced.

ANy ideas on what I might do wrong? Any more information that I should
supply?

Best,

Magnus Larsson