[Kmymoney] Reconciliation problem with different dates in the ledger and the bank statement.

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:56:15 UTC 2012

On 08/01/12 19:15, Thomas Pircher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I use my debit card for a purchase and use the date of purchase in the
> ledger when I enter that transaction into kmymoney's ledger, I have a
> problem when I reconcile the account.
>
> Some debit card transactions are fast, some are slow and may may show up to
> 3 days delayed on my statement. So when I reconcile the account, some
> transactions are cleared after the statement date, but entered before that
> in the ledger.
>
> I'm not sure how to handle in this case. I have used the the statement dates
> in the past in the ledger, and this makes the reconciliation work well. But
> I'd rather prefer having the 'real' date in the ledger and not the clearing
> date from my bank.
>
> How are people handling this? (I'm entering all data manually, and I'm not
> using any import plugin)

Hi,

I may not be understanding this but I don't see the problem. When I reconcile
my accounts there are nearly always transactions in kmymoney which are not on
the statement but I am still able to complete the reconciliation. The left
over transactions will be on the next statement and can be reconciled when
that arrives.

Also, have you tried the automatic reconciliation feature? Switch it on in
Configuration / Ledger / Data Entry. I use it and it works great for me.

Regards, Dave.