[Kmymoney] QIF file import issue

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 9 06:51:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

on Sunday 08 January 2012 20:22:28 Peter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started using KMyMoney en have successfully imported an first *.QIF
> file from my bank. Initially the bank gives an csv-file and using some
> scripts this has been converted to the QIF-file format.
>
> No I also tried to use the same method for 2 other accounts, but
> after importing the QIF-file, it doesn't show the name of the
> account owner for most of the cells. Looking in the QIF file shows
> all information in a similar way, so I don't understand why the
> file is not imported correctly.
>
> My system versions:
> Ubuntu 10.04
> KMyMoney 1.0.4

wow, this is a rather old version of the application. Did you ever consider
using 4.6.1 (the latest stable release) which also contains a CSV importer?
Not knowing the contents of those QIF files leaves us without chance to
comment on a possible solution to the problem. If you can share the initial 1
or 2 transactions might give us an idea what could be the cause. Please feel
free to replace data you don't want to disclose as follows: letters with X and
digits with #. Please make sure to leave the first character of each line
unchanged when doing so. It is important for the analysis.

Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots.