[Kmymoney] Reconciliation problem with different dates in the ledger and the bank statement.

Thomas Pircher tehpeh at gmx.net
Sun Jan 8 19:15:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

when I use my debit card for a purchase and use the date of purchase in the
ledger when I enter that transaction into kmymoney's ledger, I have a problem
when I reconcile the account.

Some debit card transactions are fast, some are slow and may may show up to 3
days delayed on my statement. So when I reconcile the account, some
transactions are cleared after the statement date, but entered before that in
the ledger.

I'm not sure how to handle in this case. I have used the the statement dates
in the past in the ledger, and this makes the reconciliation work well. But
I'd rather prefer having the 'real' date in the ledger and not the clearing
date from my bank.

How are people handling this? (I'm entering all data manually, and I'm not
using any import plugin)

Cheers
Thomas