[Kmymoney] KMyMoney ver 4.6.1 on Linux Mint11 - Claydoh

Peter Cave cave at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 3 13:20:21 UTC 2012

Hello all

This is particularly for Claydoh (I think)?

Linux Mint 11 Gnome on AMD dual core desktop

I added Claydoh's ppa to my repository list

KMyMoney upgraded to 4.6.0 from Claydoh's ppa a few months ago and all
was well until 27/12/2011 when I had the idea to look for further
updates.

Ran Mint 11 update manager - all seemed good and Mint 11 runs faster
now.

Found KMymoney 4.6.1 and tried to update from 4.6.0.

4.6.0 main file was removed from Mint 11 but 4.6.1 would not install

Package Manager tells me that the package is broken and it cannot fix a
"Held Package"

I was unable to do anything with KMymoney or even install the earlier
version until I removed the ppa from the repository list.

It seems that maybe ver 4.6.1 was corrupted on loading to the ppa.

I am certainly no expert and am just bringing this to your attention as
something seems to be amiss and you are the only one who could fix it if
this is the case.

There is more extensive explanation on the Mint forum "Software" with a
screenshot of the failure.

I certainly appreciate all the work everyone does here and being able to
get the latest version and hope this helps and not waste anyone's time.

Running ver 4.5.3 now but would like to upgrade to 4.6.1 and do not know
how to build my own - not that good yet.

Regards

Peter