[Kmymoney] Payees/Payers

Zed zed at zed.net.nz
Wed Feb 22 22:33:50 UTC 2012

Using KMyMoney, v4.5.3 on LMDE (LimuxMintDebian Edition)

One of my activities is selling free range eggs, both to individuals and
retail shops  What is the best way to record sales, so that at the end of
the accounting period I know what each customer purchased.

Here is what I think would work, but it would be nice to have confirmation
that I am on the right track.

(1) In Income I have set up a category "Egg Sales"

(2) When eggs are sold to a person/retail establishment I create a "Payer"
(they are all cash sales) and enter the amount.

(3) When I bank the money I credit the bank account and debit "Egg Sales"

Regards from New Zealand

Zed
--
Zed
Diplomacy: Saying 'nice doggy'... until you find a rock