[Kmymoney] early loan repayment

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:11:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm really trying hard but I still can't get how I can use the loan
fonction of KMyMoney.

2012/2/17 Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com>

> On Thursday, February 16, 2012 09:02:40 hugo borrell wrote:
>
> > I am surprised to see 25 schedulled
> > transactions for today : I suppose they are the 25 past transaction which
> > are schedulled for today, but I don't really get why TODAY instead of the
> > past 25 monthes. I would expect 25 black past transactions and many gray
> > future transactions... Is that Because of step 2 ?
> >

> It says "today" because the transactions have not yet been entered. When
> you
> create the loan account, there is an option to create it against an
> existing
> loan which has previous payments already made. Alternatively, you could go
> enter each of the overdue scheduled transactions and match them against the
> ledger, but that is a huge hassle.

I don't get why the recurring transaction is not implemented from first
payment 25 monthes ago... And what let me expect that next transactions
will be entered from now on.

There is something else that I can't understand : as time passes by,
KMyMoney withdraws the same amount of money from the passive loan account,
as if debt service was constant, which is false : as time goes by, part of
the loan has been refunded and the interests part decrease gradually... and
proportion of capital refunded increase at each recurring transaction...

Have I missed something ?