[Kmymoney] multiple categories distribution on internal transfers

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:16:57 UTC 2012

Hello,

Thanks for answering

2012/2/5 Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>

> That would somehow violate one of the double entry accounting principles
> "The
> sum of all splits in a transaction is zero". That is, if you take 10 X out
> of
> one account you need 10 X in sum to drop in one or more other accounts.
> Categories are just accounts in this context.

This is why I suppose it might not be possible, though usefull to me

> > Is that possible ?
>
> I guess not. What are you trying to achieve?

I intent to use KMM both for personnal accotingun AND professionnal
accounting. Since my "professionnal" accounting is fairly simple, KMM will
definitly suit me. As for personnal accounting, I'm on my way (did I read
somewhere how to automate categorisation according to beneficiary ? I can't
find it anymore).

The trouble is to link both personnal AND professionnal, since taxes
administration here ask for specific categories (like "personnal levy" and
"personnal contribution" ) that do not let me choose wich personnal account
has been credited (or debited) on this operation.

I still can use KMM for both in 2 different .kmy files, but I would prefer
to join them somehow : my "pro" account is simply one of my personnal
accounts devoted to professionnal matters, I'm not running a big business
with different accounts !

Any idea how I can get around this ?

Thanks for considering.

Hugo.