[Kmymoney] Similar transactions

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 6 16:05:10 UTC 2012

On 2012.12.06 10:58, Victor Porton wrote:
> Suppose a user of KMyMoney often buys a bus ticket for $1.23 from his
> cash in wallet.
>
> He need to enter these transactions.
>
> He would like to do this with one click. As it seems for me, KMyMoney
> 4.6.2 does not provide this facility.
>
> So the user needs to enter this number (1.23) and the Wallet account
> manually after every bus trip.
>
> Please make this feature.
Victor,

Currently, the easiest way to do this is to display the ledger for the
cash account, select one of these transactions, and then click
"duplicate."  If the new transaction is for that day, you are done.  If
it is for a previous day, then you need to edit the new transaction and
alter the date.  It is more than one click, but not many.

To do it with one click, what would you propose to click on?  I suppose
there could be a new type of schedule where you specify the account,
category, and amount, but it is always for "today" and doesn't get
overdue or create any future transactions.  How did you think it should
work?