[Kmymoney] Extra column in the ledger view to display the account/category

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 21:16:05 UTC 2012

On 2012.08.15 17:46, Vincent Frison wrote:
> But I'm glad to see my issue can be well understood, I was just
> afraid that my request was not clear with my poor english ;p
We're pretty good about asking for clarification if anything is not
clear.

> About the screen resolution topic : I think that adding that new
> column is not a big deal, today even the phones have an horizontal
> resolution with more than 1000 pixels! And keep in mind that it's
> *already* implemented when you display transactions for a particular
> category...
Only some phones have that resolution, but there are also plenty of
devices currently used with much lower resolution.  I'm not sure, but I
think there is one or more open bugs against KMM about the window being
too large.  Also, even though the category display of transactions
contains the desired column, that just means all the necessary widgets
already exist, not that it's already implemented.  It is still
necessary to modify the ledger to display that extra column and to make
that display subject to the setting of an option that doesn't yet
exist.  I don't know if this would be too difficult, or would be a good
project for a developer's first contribution to this project.