[Kmymoney] Reconcile Problems

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 21:40:27 UTC 2012

On 11/08/12 19:24, Doug Brown wrote:
> I am running kmy 4.6.2 on Mint 11 in a VMWare instance running on
> Windows 7.
>
> I reconciled a checking account last month ok. When I try to reconcile
> it this month, the starting balance is wrong.
>
> The "Last Reconciled" date is correct.
>
> If I look at the register, the balance as of the "Last Reconciliation"
> marker is correct.
>
> There are no non-reconciled transaction dated prior to the date of the
> last reconciliation.
>
> After doing a OFX import, I noticed a debit transaction was imported
> with a date after the last reconcilation date, and was marked as
> reconciled (which is obviously incorrect). The value of this transaction
> is equal to the amount the starting balance is incorrect. I have deleted
> this transaction, but the starting balance hasn't changed.
>
> I am storing my kmy data in a compressed xml file. I opened up the xml
> file and there is no occurrence of the offending amount.
>
> I am thinking my register is corrupted, but I have no idea of how to fix
> it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> d.

My understanding is that all your data is stored within your file.  If
the register is corrupted, it must be because your file is.

I take it you are familiar with how values are represented in the xml
file, so I think that amount must be there (unless it's the difference
between two other amounts.)  Just to be certain, and I hope I'm not
insulting your knowledge, could you say what the amount is and what you
searched for?

Allan