[Kmymoney] KBanking plugin transaction dates

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:50:33 UTC 2012

On 06/08/12 07:57, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2012 00:12:44 Allan wrote:

> Yes, somehow.

>>> Yes - this affects any import where you match a transaction entered
>>> manually or by a schedule.  I'm not sure I understand why a virtual
>>> account would help.  In the long run (which would require a modification
>>> to the underlying transaction object) KMM could keep both dates.  In the
>>> short run (just a modification to the matching code, but beyond what I
>>> could do) if the two dates were different, the one not used could be
>>> added to the memo.  A bit better would be to add a configuration item
>>> (or even just a pop-up on import) asking which date to keep.  I suppose
>>> I'll think about writing it up as an enhancement request.
>>>
>>> Jack
>>
>> This is one of those things where it comes down to personal
>> preference/requirement.
>>
>> For my own, simple, purposes, it doesn't really matter one way or the
>> other.  However, another user might have a real need to know when a sum
>> has been transferred out of his account, but the bank statement differs.
>

> That should not happen. Why would a bank statement show one date for the
> transaction, but the bank has processed it at a different date? I've never
> seen that happen. Does anyone else has noticed that happen?

Sorry, Thomas, I didn't express myself clearly enough.

What I meant was that the user may need to know that that amount has
been 'spent', so needs to be taken into account when considering his
further spending.  However, that would be catered for by the actual date
he enters on the transaction initially.  His possible concern would only
come once the bank statement is matched and his date has gone.

I don't know if that is a real issue to do with his accounting or tax
needs, but not for my personal case.  It may really just be a personal need.

Allan