[Kmymoney] KBanking plugin transaction dates

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 5 12:55:58 UTC 2012

On 2012.08.05 00:57, Rob Tongue wrote:

>>> It keeps everything else like the
>>> payee/category/etc. Currently I manually change the date back to the
>>> manually entered one, but it seems like there should be an option to
>>> choose...
>> That is identical to the above mentioned 'changing the source'. Can
>> you
>> explain a bit more why you want to keep the manually entered date? I
>> just want
>> to understand what you are trying to achieve.
>>

> When I log my transactions, I prefer to know when I swiped my card,
> not when it cleared the bank.  The cleared date can be retrieved from
> a bank statement if needed later on.
I have the same issue.  For credit cards, the bank uses the posted
date, not the actual transaction date.  I prefer the transaction date,
so I know when I actually purchased something or ate the meal.  For
checking account, I want the ledger to have when I wrote the check, not
when it cleared the bank.  I suppose it would be an enhancement request
(low priority) to actually keep both dates - original transaction date
and institution cleared/posted date.