[Kmymoney] documentation question: was "Can't delete empty accounts"

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 17:24:42 UTC 2012

On 2012.04.30 11:46, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2012 07:45:53 Jeffrey Barish wrote:
[trimmed ...]
>>> Thanks for the anon file which I had a look at. Your problem are
>>> the many 'matched' transactions, showing up with a green
>>> background. Since you can still 'unmatch' them and they would then
>>> reference the accounts you are trying to delete, the deletion is
>>> prohibited. You need to 'Accept' the match to remove that (hidden
>>> from the user) reference.

>> Yes, thank you.  I would never have figured that out as I didn't
>> understand 'matched' transactions.  In fact, I still don't
>> understand completely as many showed that the matching transaction
>> from the bank had a balance of 0.  I'm not sure I believe that I
>> downloaded all the transactions shown as matched. No matter.
>> Accepting them did indeed make it possible for me to delete the
>> bogus accounts, so now I can proceed.

It seems this problem (difficulty deleting accounts) comes up on the
mailing list with some frequency.  I'll try to come up with an entry
for the FAQ for it.  As I remember, the issues are schedules, budgets,
and matched (but not yet accepted) transactions.  I'd also appreciate
any suggestions on where else or how better to describe the matching
process - something else for the FAQ or just more detail in the manual?