[Kmymoney] still unable to compile gwenhywfar 4.2.1.

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Thu Sep 8 11:00:50 UTC 2011

Hello Thomas,
thanks for your recent comments and advice on the subject.
By now I begin feeling a bit sheepish about my incompetence for I still cannot
report any success.

I downloaded 'gwenhywfar-4.2.1.tar.gz' from Martin Preuß's website into
'/home/mb39/Downloads'.

I unpacked into the same directory.

I removed gwenhywfar 4.0.4 and all its relatives from my system and also
kmymoney 4.5.2 as demanded by YAST to resolve conflicts.

cd /home/mb39/Downloads/gwenhywfar-4.2.1

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-guis=qt4

make
(didn't notice any error message)

make check
(there was this somewhat  vague message: "The 3 error messages above are just
fine - all works as expected" - see first screen shot)

make install
(could not see any error message but was informed that "libraries have been
installed in /usr/local/xxx)

Then I reinstalled KMyMoney. (while typing this I think I should have
installed it first and only then do the compilation!?)

The plugins 'KBanking' and 'KMyMoney OFX' are in place, nothing is grayed out,
everything looks just as before, everything is functioning as before.

But when trying >Settings>Configure AqBanking nothing at all happens.

I found gwenhywfar as shown in the second screen shot.

EDV again!

Cheers and Help!

Michael Berger
Im Borngrund 7a