[Kmymoney] Reverse split?

Koos Pol koos2010 at pohw.nl
Mon Sep 5 13:19:45 UTC 2011

Op 04-09-11 17:57, Thomas Baumgart schreef:
> Hi,
>
> on Sunday 04 September 2011 16:34:20 Koos Pol wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just purchased  a laptop and payed a part in cash and a part by ATM
>> card. How would I go about booking this?
>>
>> Split tx seem to go from one payment into mutiple expenses/categories.
>> But I need the other way around, from multiple accounts (payments) to
>> one category.
>
> I assume you have an asset account for cash and one for your checking account
> (that the ATM card is attached to).  Goto the e.g. cash account, enter the
> transaction as normal, use the amount you paid in cash and start the split
> transaction editor.
>
> Enter a first split, use the checking account as category and enter the amount
> as negative value. Save the split. Next enter the split, use whatever category
> you want to assign to hte purchase of your new toy and enter the price as
> amount. Save the whole transaction and you're done.

Well, retried it with a fresh pair of eyes, but I couldn't get it to
work. Sorry to bother you with this again.

The laptop was 499,95. I paid 485 in cash and 14,95 with bank card.
1. I go to the cash account and enter a new withdrawal
	Payto: Laptop Shop
	Amount: 485
2. Hit the Split button
3. Split details:
	Checking account: -14,95
   This gives me:
   Sum of splits: -14,95
   Unassigned: 499,95
   Transaction amount: 485,00
4. Choose OK
5. Select "Leave total amount of transaction at 485,00"
6. Enter the split again. (Still in the Cash ledger)

Now the split editor looks different:
I have one split for Checking at 485,00
The status bar says:
Sum of splits: 485,00
Unassigned: 0,00
Transaction amount: 485,00

I'm at a loss here. Throwing swimming floats appreciated!

Thanks,
Koos