[Kmymoney] Reverse split?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Sep 4 15:57:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 04 September 2011 16:34:20 Koos Pol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just purchased  a laptop and payed a part in cash and a part by ATM
> card. How would I go about booking this?
>
> Split tx seem to go from one payment into mutiple expenses/categories.
> But I need the other way around, from multiple accounts (payments) to
> one category.

I assume you have an asset account for cash and one for your checking account
(that the ATM card is attached to).  Goto the e.g. cash account, enter the
transaction as normal, use the amount you paid in cash and start the split
transaction editor.

Enter a first split, use the checking account as category and enter the amount
as negative value. Save the split. Next enter the split, use whatever category
you want to assign to hte purchase of your new toy and enter the price as
amount. Save the whole transaction and you're done.

Windows is not the answer. It's the question. The answer is no!