[Kmymoney] grey highlighting in ledger

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sun Oct 2 12:18:47 UTC 2011

Thanks Thomas, Jack and Alan - I reply to all three.

On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 06:03 -0400, Jack wrote:
> > on Sunday 02 October 2011 10:17:05 timothy wrote:
> > > On Sun, 2011-10-02 at 08:22 +0200, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> [snip]
> >> I am investigating switching out of Ubuntu as I am not happy with
> >> the Unity desktop. Does KMM run on any or all flavours of linux. I
> >> will be looking at Kubuntu as well.
> >
> > We don't know of any linux flavor that it does not run on. The unity
> > desktop however causes some problems. We have heard that before.
> You might try simply not using Unity.  I believe that Ubuntu Classic
> can be chosen as Destkop Environment at the login screen.
>
> Jack

I have tried Ubuntu Classic and found that the grey bar anomaly is still
there. As I understand it, Classic runs on Gnome-2 which will not be
supported in the future. In fact Oneiric Ocelot has only options for
Unity (default) or Gnome-3. So I am afraid Classic is only a temporary
fall-back option for Unity.

[snip]
> > Could you give me the route to the local settings. I have looked
> > under Configure KMyMoney > Colours > Foreground/Background, but
> > cannot find a suitable setting.
>

>  "kcmshell4 colors" should give you the dialog, depending if this is
> installed in your environment.
>
> Thomas

[snip]
> On Mint, I installed systemsettings, to get control of colours.
> kcmshell4 itself does not appear for installation, but is available,
> possibly as part of systemsettings.

> Allan

I do not have kcmshell4 on my system. Could you please give me the
command for installing systemsettings/kcmshell4.

Regards
Timothy