[Kmymoney] Re: QIF IMPORT PROBLEMS

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 02:28:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011 09:18:49 +0200
timothy <timboyle at afrihost.co.za> wrote:

<snip>
> Ar first glance OFX investing appears not to cater for categories and
> sub-categories and does not appear to be able to transfer the
> proceeds of Sells or Dividends to another (cheque) account?

<snip>

> Perhaps I should explain that I have organised my account structure
> with generic top level asset "dummy"accounts such as Banks Accounts;
> Money Markets; Retirement etc. Each one of these may contain several
> relevant investment or checking accounts with their corresponding
> investments.
>
> Any light on this matter would be appreciated.
>
> Timothy

I've had a bit of a look at this problem but haven't as yet determined
the cause.  However, I wonder if this might be of use.

If you create an investment called, say, stock, and in the wizard,
specify  to set up a brokerage account, then when you buy/sell, or
receive a dividend, that account will be used for the monies.

Now, when setting
 up those two accounts, edit the brokerage account and
in the hierarchy, select the top-level asset account you created.  I've
just tested this, imported investments into 'stock', and the monies go
into asset:stock (Brokerage).  There is no need for the 'L' record in
the QIF file.  The inv investment account doesn't need to be in the
same asset: top-level account, but that too can be homed
there.  You will get a warning of 'no name' but then get the usual
account selection wizard, and all goes OK.

Allan